Family Immigration

Relatives of U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents can obtain legal permanent residence through a family based green card. Visas are available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, who are defined as parents, spouses and children under 21 years of age.

Others who can immigrate to the United States based on a family relationship to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident include children of U.S. citizens who are 21 or older, siblings of adult U.S. citizens, spouses and children of permanent residents, and unmarried children of permanent residents who are over 21. Depending on the type of relationship, these individuals fall into a preference category. The preference system allocates limited numbers of green cards for each category.

Additionally, a U.S. citizen can sponsor his or her fiancé to come to the United States. This may be done through a K visa application, or through an immigrant visa if the marriage will take place overseas. Regardless of the family relationship, our office is ready to answer your questions to help you apply for the most appropriate type of visa.

Applying for an immigration benefit often becomes complicated, and our office welcomes individuals facing difficult immigration situations. At the Law Offices of Andrew Wood, we help people in the following areas:

  • Permanent Resident Applications for Immediate Relatives of U.S. citizens
  • Applications for family members of U.S. citizens or permanent residents that fall within one of the preference categories
  • Temporary visa applications: K-1 visas for fiancés of U.S. citizens, K-2 visas for dependents of K-1 visa holders, and K-3 visas for spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Consular Processing for visas at U.S. embassies and consulates around the world

Call 412-291-8136 for a consultation, or fill out the form below to contact us.